At the beginning of June 2020, an examination of the columns of the Vyborg Bay was carried out. My analysis is framed by the corresponding article. I recommend reading it.
On June 28, 2020, a large complex group conducted a repeated, more thorough examination, using various technical and measuring equipment and tools. In addition, the water level dropped by about 40 cm and the water became completely transparent, which improved the conditions for research. True, algae managed to grow.
I note that my conclusions from the last article were fully confirmed and remained unshakable. At least for me. Some researchers may have their own views on some aspects, but in my opinion, everything is obvious here.
This article will in fact only clarify some of the details.
1. These are two different columns. And not one broken in half, as suggested by one of the researchers on the popular YouTube channel.
The dimensions of the columns are as follows:
- The column closest to the coast - length 928 cm, thickness at the ends 112 cm and 139 cm.
- The column farthest from the coast - length 923 cm, thickness at the ends 131 and 135 cm.
The narrow parts are on the right as viewed from the shore.
Measurement error 0.5-1 cm.
The ovoid structure (brine) of the texture of the columns is medium-large, with a pronounced rounded shape, the maximum size of the "standard" brine is 6, 5-7, 0 cm. The maximum size of the brine revealed upon examination was 9 cm.
Conclusion. These columns are not identified in any way with any of the columns of St. Isaac's Cathedral, both in terms of the dimensions and in the form of the passport (face) of the granite. Granite of St. Isaac's Cathedral has a different passport, it has a less pronounced ovoid structure, despite the fact that there are relatively few large brine per unit area and its size does not exceed 6-6, 5 cm.Maximum brine was found by me on one of the outer steps of the cathedral and had 7 cm.
Variants with the Kazan Cathedral, the Hermitage and the Mausoleum of Paul the First in Pavlovsk are also completely excluded for the same reasons.
The columns were cut from two different blanks. At the ends of the columns there are traces in the form of hemispheres from holes with a diameter of about 3 cm. In the first article I assumed that these are traces from a cutter for a workpiece slot in the machine. No, this is a drill mark. However, this does not negate the possibility of using it for a slot. In general, it does not change the essence. By the way, these very marks from the holes at the ends of the columns do not geometrically coincide. Different distances and different directions (they are not parallel). Which once again excludes the assumption that this is one column broken in half.
At the moment, the fact that the columns have different shapes remains an unresolved mystery to me. One column is close to a regular cylinder, the other is a pronounced truncated cone. Either these blanks are for different places (monuments, steles, etc.), or they were supposed to be vertically aligned. For example, the thicker one went to the first floor (level), and the second, conical, to the second floor. Something like the one in the picture.
2. Near the columns there are granite blocks, some at a distance of up to ten meters from the main heap.
Photos from the quadrocopter courtesy of Nikolai Subbotin.
There is a softwood pallet under the blocks. The pallet is a flooring of a bar in two layers with the edges of a bar of the order of 20-25 cm.The bars were fastened with metal rods (staples, pins, nails, ties) in the horizontal plane (layer) and wooden chops (dowels) in the vertical axis (layer with layer). The diameter of chopiks (dowels) is about 4 cm. Metal elements and chopiks are mostly lost due to natural erosion and rot. In general, the wood is of good quality and well preserved. Her age is definitely not measured in centuries. Several decades maximum. For a detailed analysis and inspection, one of the boards 7-8 cm thick, about 30 cm wide and about 2.5 meters long was pulled ashore.The pallet under the blocks in the upper layer has a shape close to square with a side length of about 3-3.5 meters. The bottom layer will be stretched a couple of meters more. There are two long logs under the pallet, one of them, closer to the shore, is clearly visible visually. The second is hidden from view under a pallet and a layer of sand. Between the columns there is a fragment of a log about 25 cm in diameter, its broken off tip sticks out a little from the sand and goes under the far column. No other wooden elements were found under the columns.
Conclusion. This pallet was made by someone and used to remove blocks and columns. Since the likelihood that this attempt was initiated by the Soviet government is extremely low (the state had other priorities), the most reasonable assumption would be that the Finns made an attempt to remove the columns during the period of territorial belonging of this location to Finland (20-30s 20th century), or by the Germans during the occupation in the Great Patriotic War. Capitalists hungry for any freebies could easily make attempts to snatch what is bad. The version with the period of the times of the Russian Empire disappears due to the freshness of the wood.
I would also like to note the fact that one of the local residents said that there were supposedly more columns earlier and they were allegedly taken out several years ago by "Muscovites". Like, cranes, tractors were brought in and taken away in an unknown direction. However, I consider this information to be nothing more than a local legend, a bike. No traces of working equipment have been identified in the recent past. The crane must be powerful and large, because the columns are not just heavy (under 40 tons), but also long-sized, that is, when the column is loaded onto the scow, the boom (load) will reach up to ten meters. You still need to look for such cranes. And there is simply no place to turn the tractor with the scow. Nevertheless, this legend indirectly points to some attempts to remove these columns preserved in human memory.
3. Career. Actually, there is nothing new to what I wrote in the first article, there is nothing to add. The quarry blocks were mined mainly along natural fractures. The cracks are everywhere, in a number of locations are a kind of chocolate bar, that is, an approximately regular geometric shape. The spacing of such natural cracks is on average about a meter or two on the short side, and up to 4-5 meters on the long side. Where the distance between the cracks on the short side is more than 2-2.5 meters, the development is stopped. Several places were found where spurring was used. The diameter of the holes is 4-5 cm.
Here I would like to note the fact that in the fiction of the 19th century, spurring with a diameter of about 2.5 cm (1 inch) is described. At the same time, modern drilling machines have a drill diameter just in the region of 5 cm, and even more if deep penetration is needed. From which I make the assumption that, perhaps, this quarry was exploited in the 20th century, or at the very end of the 19th century, when tools of an already high technological level and a machine drive were used. In general, this bears little resemblance to manual labor with a sledgehammer and a slotting rod described in fiction of the first half and mid-19th century.
4. Version of the global cataclysm. Everything that I wrote in the first article is confirmed. From what can be seen in the foreseeable area, no other version has arisen. At least I didn't hear. Well, except that the reason is not cosmogenic, but technogenic, that is, nuclear war. Here everyone is free to choose what is closer to him. In this case, the set of facts remains one. The facts directly indicate that we see the consequences of something terribly catastrophic. On the face is a fracture of rock granite rock, about one and a half hundred meters wide (to the coast), into this fracture a not yet completely solidified igneous rock has poured out. On the surface of this igneous rock, there are traces of falling stones. These stones are still lying there.Due to the fact that there are stones of a different rock, different from the old granite massif and the new granite (magmatic outlet), there is a logical assumption that these stones came here from distant places. The location of some of the outputs of the corresponding rock is located tens of kilometers from this point. For example, exits of fine-grained red granite (see the photo in the first article) are visible when driving along the ring road around Vyborg. This is about 25 km in a straight line. It is possible that there are outcrops of such a rock of granites closer, but not the essence. That is, the scale of the catastrophe was global, it shook everywhere. The force of the blows (emissions) was enough for the stones to fly these very tens of kilometers. It is difficult to believe, even more difficult to imagine, but nevertheless it is so. I have not heard any other explanation from anyone. The version into the glacier was not even discussed, everyone understands that this is just stupidity. The glacier can only be discussed as long as you do not get off the soft chair. When you are on the spot, see and feel everything alive, you will forget about the glacier once and for all. Now I will show you a photo of one pebble that also arrived. To understand the scale, I stood by. My height is 190 cm. I will note that the length (not visible in the photo) is a pebble under 10 meters. That is, its weight is somewhere in the region of five hundred tons.
Well, that’s probably all. I have indicated all the additional points, I will not repeat myself. The main material in the first article.
In general, the information in two articles is now exhaustive, everything is clear and understandable. In St. Petersburg there are no monuments, buildings and structures with which these columns would be identical.
The diameter of the base of the columns of St. Isaac's Cathedral.
- columns of the lower colonnade - 196 cm
- columns of the upper colonnade - 150 cm.
The error is no more than 2 cm, measured personally.
Continuation, final part 3.
Popular by topic
Expedition to Jordan, as in the CENTER of the thermonuclear war that took place in antiquity. Part 2
We continue to “catch” and publish controversial but interesting material that appears on the insider site Above Top Secret
Even before the collapse of the USSR, the committee members led the transition to a market economy, they themselves stole some of the funds, created a network of offshore companies in order to secure and preserve everything that was possible. In the nineties, they survived as an important force
Berl Lazar and Alexander Boroda play the role of official representatives of the Jewish community in the Kremlin. The situation is quite unique, since Both Beard and Lazar belong to the Hasidic movement, which does not represent the majority among believing Jews either in Russia or in the world
Presentations by the participants of the seminar (2 day. 1 part) - Primordial foundations of management. Second day
Reports of the participants of the seminar "The primordial foundations of management in modern society: theory and practice"