Video: TOP-10 Alien storms
2023 Author: Seth Attwood | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-11-26 22:42
Nature is ruthless, bringing down thunderstorms, hurricanes and storms on a person. At such moments, it seems that the Earth is not the friendliest place, but in fact we are still lucky. On other planets, the weather is much worse.
Thanks to satellite imagery and data from probes, astronomers were able to properly see and study the insane weather phenomena of the planets of the solar system. These cataclysms are truly breathtaking.
01) Rose of Saturn. In 2013, a huge typhoon resembling a rosebud unfolded at the north pole of Saturn. Reaching a diameter of 2 thousand kilometers, it was twenty times larger than the largest hurricanes on Earth. Despite the highest wind speed - 540 km / h, the "rose" was constantly in one place - the pole of the planet.
2) Venus double hurricane. The south pole of our neighboring planet, Venus, was occupied by an amazing double cyclone. Discovered in 2006, it has captured the attention of astronomers for its resilience. After periods of calm for a couple of days, the hurricane formed almost from scratch each time. Presumably, it is one of the permanent phenomena in the atmosphere of Venus.
3) Large dark spots of Neptune. The appearance of anticyclones, called Great Dark Spots on Neptune, is a fairly common occurrence for the planet with its atmosphere. What is amazing is the wind accelerating inside to insane speeds - 2400 km / h! This is an absolute record for the solar system.
4) Dragon storm of Saturn. The bright orange Dragonstorm in Saturn's southern hemisphere is a spectacular sight. Stretching for 3,200 kilometers, it spews out lightning a thousand times more powerful than earthly ones. It is impossible to see them from the outside, but it is not difficult to calculate from the emitted wave signals.
05) Martian storms. Mars is a relatively calm planet by the standards of its neighbors. But if storms nevertheless form there, then colossal and violent ones. They arise in the summer of the southern hemisphere and lift billions of tons of dust into the air, curling it into rings around the polar caps.
6) Dust storms of Titan. Although on Titan - the largest moon of Saturn - we could not breathe and immediately froze, it still remains similar to Earth. On its surface, astronomers have discovered mysterious black dunes, for some reason elongated against the alleged movement of the wind. Later it became clear that they arise due to the most powerful storms in the upper atmosphere of Titan.
07) The mysterious eye of Saturn. An unimaginable 32-kilometer typhoon has spread over the south pole of Saturn. On Earth, similar cyclones move along the sea surface, but Saturn has no seas, and its typhoons do not leave the poles. This atmospheric mystery of the ringed giant has yet to be solved.
08) Oval Wa, Jupiter's Small Red Spot. Everyone knows about Jupiter's Great Red Spot, but there is also its younger brother, the Lesser Red Spot. It is remarkable in that astronomers have observed its formation since 2000. At first, three different white hurricanes gradually merged into one, and then the resulting storm gradually turned red - presumably under the influence of solar radiation and accompanying chemical reactions.
09) Hexagon of Saturn. At first, he puzzled scientists. How could a vortex of such a regular geometric shape and monstrous size have formed? But then a similar phenomenon was recreated in laboratory conditions - the solution lies at the point of the planet, where the strongest winds converge at different speeds. It is believed that the hurricane has been raging on Saturn for hundreds of years.
Harvard astronomer Avi Loeb is convinced that the search for aliens is not a waste of money. In addition to an unusual asteroid, a sober calculation in the spirit of Blaise Pascal speaks in favor of spending on the search for alien intelligence. What have we got to lose if this search turns out to be fruitless? Some money that would otherwise have gone to something stupid, say a war
At the end of the 19th century, in the undergrounds of the Lamaist monasteries of Tibet, European travelers discovered mysterious manuscripts. They were well-preserved bales of palm leaves, on which the contacts of antediluvian humanity with mysterious creatures called the "Sons of the Fiery Mist" and "Initiators"
"They think they know what happened on this planet many thousands of years ago, but in fact they have no idea even what happened in the recent past, for several hundred revolutions of their planet around the system star."
I put a question mark in the title because both options are equal in terms of probability. As I wrote earlier, on May 18, a significant event took place - from the planet Earth into space, hundreds, and maybe thousands of UFOs were launched and did it at the same time. I called it - the evacuation from planet Earth and subsequent events only strengthened me in this point of view
In September 1859, there was a coronal mass ejection